Saturday, December 5, 2009

A trip to Labor & Delivery...

...where we once again left without our baby! We went in this morning for a schedule non-stress test, and ended up in the same room where we had our external version. This visit was more relaxing though! All they wanted was to monitor the baby's heartbeat for a good 20 minutes to make sure he's doing ok in there now that I'm 8 days overdue. Once again our little one proved to be a bit of a rascal... The L&D nurse, Shannon, couldn't find his heartbeat right away. When she finally got it, the baby would move. She chased him around for a bit and finally got a good reading. For this type of thing they'd normally strap the monitor on me and leave the room for awhile, but each time she'd move her hand the baby would move away! What a stinker. So she sat with us to make sure she could get a solid reading, which she did, and everything looks great. I also had the contraction monitor on me and got to see that I am having regular Braxton Hicks contractions that I just can't feel. That was comforting to know that things are in fact moving along down there. So even though we didn't get to leave the hospital with our baby, we are thrilled he is happy and safe in his little home! Even though we desperately want him out, John and I are so glad to know he's doing so well in there. Only a few more days though, kiddo... Tuesday morning you are being evicted!

1 comment: