Monday, November 2, 2009

Moxibustion!

In an attempt to get our kiddo to turn, we tried a traditional Chinese medicine therapy called Moxibustion. I bought moxa sticks (dried mugwort) at an herb shop and set them up to burn for 20 minutes by each pinky toe. Apparently that is an acupuncture point to stimulate circulation and is 75% effective of turning a breech baby. I had never heard of this but both my doctor and midwife-friend told me about it, so I knew we had to give it a shot! The baby was very active as I was going to bed, so I fell asleep hoping for the best. This morning I can still feel the large bulge next to my belly, which is probably still his head, or maybe a butt if he turned. Who knows! We'll try it again each night before Thursday morning's external version and hope for the best. Even if he doesn't turn by then or during the version and we have to schedule a c-section, we still have a few weeks to keep trying things like this. If he's meant to turn, he will. If not, I've made my peace with the situation and know everything will be just fine!

How tired– and HUGE– do I look these days?!

2 comments: