Friday, November 20, 2009

Maternity Leave: Day 1

Yesterday was my last day at KO until March 2nd. It was weird saying goodbye to everyone... Even though I know I will be back, and probably see them in a few weeks at our Christmas party, it was still odd. I realized I was leaving as one person and will be coming back a new woman... A lady with a BABY! It's exciting, but still very surreal. Is it really almost time to birth my first child?? I have been pregnant so long and gotten so used to this that it's hard to imagine my body, my life, any other way. I've been shopping and researching and organizing and dreaming of our little baby joining our family for the longest time, way before I even got pregnant. So now that we're days (well, maybe still weeks) away, it just seems hard to believe. Now that I'm on maternity leave, I literally have nothing to do but sit around and daydream and wait for contractions to begin. I have plenty of things to keep me busy during these days John is at work, but I gotta say... It's boring. Here is what I did today:

-Went to Target to buy a friend's daughter a birthday gift
-Made a big breakfast and watched 2 hours of Baby Story on TLC (Thank GOD we have cable again)
-Checked my email a million times
-Watched more cable
-Fell asleep on the couch
-Bought evening primrose oil & raspberry leaf tea (two things that are supposed to help with different things, but not necessarily cause contractions)


I even checked my work email a few times, just in case somebody wrote me and needed me... But they didn't, and the don't. Luckily I have some things planned over the next few days, John has some days off, Thanksgiving is approaching, and little Anna will be in town for the week so I will be distracted and not so damn bored. People keep telling me to enjoy this time being bored because I'm about to enter a stage in life where there is no boredom. I'm well aware of that, and let me just say that I am READY for life to change. I have been patient and waited for this little guy long enough! Bring on the sore nipples, sleep deprivation, poopy diapers and pure exhaustion. We're ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment