Sunday, November 8, 2009

Labor cookies

A few days ago I was looking online for ideas of natural labor inducers. I know the popular ones– walking, sex, spicy foods, raspberry leaf tea– but was curious what else is out there. I came across a recipe for Jump Start Your Labor Cookies and had to give them a try after reading the ingredients! It's really a basic holiday spice cookie recipe, but they add in extra ginger and half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper. If spice is your trigger to kick start labor it could totally work for you... I'm sure it won't do much for me but I'm willing to give it a shot. Plus, it gives me the excuse to eat cookies without feeling TOO guilty! It is for the baby afterall.... ;)


See? Regular cookie ingredients (although the cayenne pepper is kinda random)



I make a total mess when baking... Look at my shirt!




Waiting for them to cool so I can eat a few!

The recipe is below. When I make these again, I'll dip the top of the dough in sugar before going into the oven. Mmmmmm!

Jump Start Your Labor Cookies

1 comment:

  1. Google Blue and Black Cohosh. I swear it worked for me. 48 hours later I had a baby. :)

    ReplyDelete