It's become very clear that Oliver is growing up– FAST. Over the past month or 2, he's learned all sorts of tricks. Sitting up, rolling around in circles, army-crawling to get to toys (or remotes, phones, keys, cords, anything he shouldn't be playing with). We knew it was only a matter of time before he was pulling himself up. Because of that, we've been meaning to lower his crib mattress for quite awhile so that way it would be ready for him when he was learning his latest trick. But the past few weeks have been insanely busy, and he's been sleeping in the pack & play our bedroom because it's so hot (and we have an AC unit in our window). We discovered we'd have to disassemble almost the entire crib in order to lower it, and who wants to do that when we have very little time AND when it's a thousand degrees in Oliver's room? So anyway, last night was the first night it felt cool enough so he could go back in his bed. Around 2:00am, I heard Oliver squawking. Then I heard him squeeling and babbling. He was wide awake. I walk into his dark room expecting to see him laying down in the corner of the crib (apparently it's his favorite spot), or rolling around sucking on his blanket. Instead, all I see is the outline of what looks like a baby standing upright. I turned on the light to see this.
Um... Shit. At first I laughed, because he was wide awake and looked SO proud of himself. He looked me straight in the eyes and squeeled with glee, almost as if he were saying, "TA DA!" But my pride quickly turned into panic as I realized just how close my child was from catapulting himself out of his crib. Because LOOK how easily he could've fallen out!! (A huge thank you to Oliver's guardian angels for keeping him safe!) I brought him back into our room and he slept the rest of the night in his pack & play. First thing this morning after John left for work, I spent over an hour lowering the mattress and it's finally safe for our boy, the one and only, Oliver the Incredible!
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment