Baby Z, hurry up and get here so we can try these on you and see how cute you'll be on Christmas!!
Thursday, October 29, 2009
The perfect Christmas outfit
One of the most important things on my To-Do list, along with finishing the nursery, returning a few shower gifts, washing a few things, etc., has been finding the PERFECT Christmas outfit for the baby. Sounds weird, right? Perhaps you're thinking he'll only be a few weeks old so who cares what he wears? Well, let me tell you, it is VERY important that he look amazing and adorable for his first major holiday. But this is not just any holiday... Christmas is a big deal in my family– well, Christmas Eve is really the big deal. The Stenstrom's spend the day hanging out, cooking (well, watching mom cook and gossiping in the kitchen while we sneak bites of everything she's making), wrapping gifts, watching cheesy Christmas specials, watching mom and dad put the lights on the tree, etc. We then get all gussied up and attend 5:30 mass at All Saints, which is the children's mass. It's always overcrowded so we have to get there at 4:45 to get a seat. Mass is long, there are people everywhere, sometimes it's totally boring, and each year we complain about something that happened and how we are getting old for kid's mass. But we complain just to complain– we HAVE to go to that church, at that time. It's tradition, and there is just no way around it, and we all know it! We then head home and bring out all the yummy food mom and dad have prepared, spread it out on the dining room table with the good silverware and plates, decorate the Christmas tree with our funny childhood ornaments, and wait for our friends and family to arrive. We eat, drink, and after a few hours we sing our hearts out while mom plays piano. Everyone sings, too– even the people you'd never expect, they're huddled around the piano with their Stenstrom Family Song Book belting out "Oh Holy Night" with the rest of the gang. It's such a special day, and one we look forward to every year. It's a BIG deal, which is why it is so important to me that our kiddo has the perfect outfit! Well, outfitS..... Yes, there WILL be a costume change for the little one, even if he's just a few weeks old. I'm still on the hunt for his church outfit– I've looked everywhere and have narrowed down a few options, but am very pleased that today I picked up his Christmas Eve party outfit. Because what newborn wants to party in his church clothes? It's just not right. Thank you Hanna Andersson for having a sale today so I could justify buying these ridiculously adorable Christmas jammies for my son!
Baby Z, hurry up and get here so we can try these on you and see how cute you'll be on Christmas!!
Baby Z, hurry up and get here so we can try these on you and see how cute you'll be on Christmas!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh snap! I have something for you that I meant to put in your shower card and I forgot with the crazyness of that day! Hmmm, that would have useful for you today.... We have to get together soon so I can give it to you! You have to remind me too that I have stuff for you! It's been in my purse so long I keep forgetting!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you can go back and get the perfect Valentine's Day or Easter outfit!
Oh yeah and the xmas outfit is awesome!
ReplyDeleteThis post is overflowing with cuteness!! :) Your post made me really excited for Christmas annnnd I LOVE the outfit! Totally not weird at all by the way--makes perfect sense to me!
ReplyDelete