Sunday, September 20, 2009

Baby Shower!

Yesterday was my first baby shower, hosted by my grade school best friends Katie & Pia. It was at Pia and her sister Vanessa's house, and was so lovely! They set up tables in the backyard and thankfully the weather cooperated so we could enjoy the outdoors. There was tea (they had individual tea pots with hot water, how great!), finger sandwiches, fruit salad, mini cupcakes and lots of other amazing food. My guests were so generous with their gifts and we got so many great items for our little guy! A stroller, high chair, tons of clothes, nursery stuff, cloth diaper service, blankets and more. We also got 2 bags of hand-me-downs! I can't thank everyone enough for their generosity. It is truly such a blessing! Here are some pics from the day:

Yum!


Me with my mom & sisters


My Aunt Laura & cousin Ashley


Heidi Butenschoen (a Laurelhurst neighbor, I used to babysit her boys when they were tiny... They're now 10 and 13!)


Lauren, me, Katie, Jean and Sarah


Val, Irene, me, Viki & Eleni


Vanessa, Pia, baby Genevieve, Liz and me


Side belly shot!


Gramma Judy, me, and Yia yia Irene!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time!! One down, one to go! I love the new colors behind the "Oh Baby!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the new colors! It looks like one of the patterns from the baby's bedding or clothing...or maybe from something you recently posted? Either way, it looks very familiar!

    ReplyDelete