Wednesday, May 20, 2009

So much love!

I really felt the love today at work! I surprised all my co-workers with our big news before an afternoon meeting, and everyone in that room screamed in excitement. It was so awesome to feel so much love and support! The best reaction was from Ken, one of the owners of KO. I never work with him, and actually never really see him when I'm here. Out of everyone who works here, he's the person I know the least about. I wanted to tell him before everyone else today, just so I didn't throw him off guard. I figured one of the first questions he might ask is if I planned to return after maternity leave. So I went into his office today and shut the door behind me, and he laughed and said, "You never come into my office and shut the door!" I agreed that the only time I'm in there is asking for money to purchase art supplies for our department, or to share news. He looked worried, and asked me if I was ok. I smiled and said, "Actually I'm great... I'm having a baby." His jaw dropped to the ground, he gasped and held his hands to his chest. He whispered, "You're pregnant?!" I smiled and nodded, and he just started laughing and got up to give me the biggest hug I may have ever received from any human being. In between laughs and "Wow"s he said, "You're going to be such a good mom, you are so warm and loving. I am so excited for you! This is wonderful news!" He asked me how far along I was, how I was feeling, if we were going to find out if it was a boy or girl... Man, it was just awesome. It was just the last reaction I was expecting, but it was so great. Telling people we're having a baby is just too fun :)

3 comments:

  1. That's so sweet! I've had fun telling some friends of mine today, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, whoa...you're pregnant??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh John, you are so funny! Overwhelming response on facebook too, people love the heck out of you two and are all right when they say you are going to make great parents!

    I think you should share the blog with people, it is great!

    ReplyDelete