Tuesday, May 19, 2009
12 week check-up
Today was my 12 week appointment with Dr. Grant! John had to work, so I went alone. I had my BP taken (110/70, totally healthy), and I've only gained 2 pounds. I was worried it was more than that but luckily I'm right on track! Next I met with Dr. G, and we listened to the heartbeat through the doppler (which, by the way, is super cool and I want one). She found it right away, but the baby moved and she lost it. It took a few seconds to find it again because the baby was on the move... Hard to believe a child John and I made is moving around like crazy and won't sit still :) Anyway, she found it again quickly and said, "It sounds great!!" What a HUGE sigh of relief. I have no reason to believe the baby won't be totally healthy, but you just never know. So it's wonderful to hear the doctor say things like the heartbeat is great! So there you have it, I have a baby in my belly and it has a heartbeat and all is well!! Tomorrow I'm going to let my co-workers in on our little secret, and I believe our parent's will be doing the same. It will be so nice to finally tell people and have this out in the open. Yay for babies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay, I am bursting to tell everyone I know! I think it's a good way to spend my Wednesday at work :)
ReplyDelete