Thursday, March 26, 2009
This is one heck of a secret!
Keeping this pregnancy a secret is tough, and we've only known for a day. John hasn't even known for a full 24 hours yet and he is DYING to tell someone!! We have a plan to tell people but it's hard not to screw it all up and call everyone we know right now :) Since I'm not seeing my doctor to confirm the pregnancy until next Wednesday, I don't want to tell too many people just in case. But we are going to tell my family on Saturday, then head over to John's parents house and share the news. I want to tell as many people as we can in person. But, there is one special person that I really wanted to tell as soon as I could even though it would have to be on the phone– my brother! He's hard to track down when he's out at sea, so we called him this afternoon in hopes of getting a hold of him. He didn't answer but I left a message just saying hi, and to call me back if he had time. He called me back just a few minutes ago, tired & exhausted in Florida after working 3 weeks straight... And I told him he's going to be an Uncle! He told me that's the best news he's gotten in weeks :) I asked him to keep it secret since I haven't told mom & dad yet, and he said he feels so special being the first to know. I just really wanted him to hear it from me, and not my parents or sisters, and I didn't want to wait weeks to talk to him again. So that was totally fun and I can't wait to tell others! We'll probably tell a few friends before my first doctor appointment but not many. So for all the friends we'll be seeing over the next few weekends, I'm sorry that I may be lying to you about why I'm not drinking!! We want to scream our news from the rooftops but know it's probably best to keep it on the DL for a few more weeks. Thanks for your understanding :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment