Here we are (John pretending to be sad but we all know how happy this guy is!!!!)
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
John is going to be a Daddy!
I took a second test and once again got those beautiful double pink lines. Here I am, totally excited (and tired and bloated, I might add):
Whoo hoo!!!
John got home from work and I could barely contain myself. I tried to play it cool and hugged him hello and asked how his day was. I then said, "I have a little present for you." His eyes lit up– the boy loves presents!! I gave him a small bag and said, "This is for you, I just wanted to do something since you've been working so hard lately." He took the gift and commented how nice I was, then pulled the onesie out (the pregnancy test was rolled into it). As he began to unroll it, he said "Oh wow, what is this?! How–– wait.. Are you serious?!" The test dropped out onto the counter and he stared at it. He covered his mouth and looked at me and said, "Are you serious?!?!?!" I laughed and started crying and we just stared at each other for a few minutes. His reaction was priceless because it's the same reaction he had when he first saw me on our wedding day. He covered his mouth with his hands and held back tears, all the while having the biggest smile imaginable on his face. It was so amazing and I will never forget his reaction! He gave me a huge hug and he went back and forth between "Are you serious?!" to "Yay I'm going to be a Daddy!" back to, "No way are you kidding?!" It was so incredible and I am so so SO happy I finally had that wonderful news to share with him.
Here we are (John pretending to be sad but we all know how happy this guy is!!!!)
Here we are (John pretending to be sad but we all know how happy this guy is!!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ok, I totally teared up while reading this! You guys are the best and I'm so happy for the 2 of you!! You're going to be amazing parents!!
ReplyDelete