Thursday, July 8, 2010

Oliver signs "milk"! And he sings, too.

As I mentioned before, we took a 6-week baby sign language class. It was so fun and we learned a ton of signs! One of the first was "milk", which looks like this:


Every time John or I feed Oliver, we tell him what it is and show the sign. After a few weeks, we noticed him signing randomly, even after he had eaten. It was very encouraging to see it in action, even if he wasn't quite making the connection. But now he seems to understand that "milk" means he gets food! Just yesterday he woke up from a nap crying, just about the time I was planning to feed him. I went to get him out of his crib, and he looked up at me with big puppy dog eyes, cried and made the sign!

Here's a quick video from another time he was doing it– I only caught the very end of it, but he had been signing for about 15 seconds already. The message was clear– feed me!!


Here's another video from yesterday– I think he's singing!

No comments:

Post a Comment