Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wall graphics for the nursery

I constantly think about our baby's nursery. Every day (and multiple times a day), I look up ideas for furniture, bedding, accessories, lighting, paint colors, closet systems, etc. Now that we've ordered our crib and glider, I can design around them. If only I knew what we're having! July 9th is the date of our next ultrasound, and it can't come fast enough. But until then, I'm having a great time finding ideas for both genders. When we painted my office in February, we chose the color from my business card (robin egg blue) so it would really feel like my office for my wedding invitation business. But we also chose it thinking it would work for a boy or girl when the office was eventually turned into a nursery. The color turned out a bit more blue than aqua, but I really do think it will work fine for a girl if we add some wall decals. I found these today on Etsy by seller byrdiegraphics:




I can see any of these graphics in lavender against the aqua wall and think it would look pretty great. Finding matching bedding might be a challenge, but thankfully my mother is a wonderful seamstress! I have visions of going to Fabric Depot and finding the perfect fabric, and my mom working her magic and creating the coolest crib bedding on the planet. Now if it's a boy, I think a tree or leaf graphic would look cool. The same seller on Etsy has this wall decal, which just so happens to be shown with the Land of Nod bedding that I love and have saved in my Nursery Ideas file at home:


There are a ton of other tree graphics available:


Seller holly


Seller caicai (I like the tree and blowing leaves only)


Seller BadassCustomDecal


Seller BadassCustomDecal


There's also paper planes by michellechristina:


Or circles by BadassCustomDecals:


So basically there are a million options. It's a bit overwhelming but totally exciting. Once we know the sex of our baby we can make some decisions, but for now I'm having a great time looking!

3 comments:

  1. I fry rike paper get high rike prane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, how fun! My fav are the first 2 prints for the girl options and the tree with the owl and the tree blowing leaves for the boy options.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pink one for the girls room! That would be adorable. The trees are great, I really like the circles too. They are all great so which ever you end up choosing will look amazing and your baby is going to have the most awesome room ever!

    ReplyDelete